RIVER CLASSIC SEPT. 17, 2022
Get ready for Central Arkansas’ fastest growing cycling event – the Young Life River Classic. All funds raised in this event go toward our ministry efforts with teenagers in underserved communities south of I-630. The 2021 ride was our largest and most successful ride ever and we’re hoping you will join with us to build on that success in 2022.
What is the River Classic?
- A USA Cycling-sanctioned, fully supported ride with great fun, food and fellowship
- A fundraising event for Young Life’s Little Rock Southside ministry
- This is a fully supported ride, with easy to follow route signs, rest stops, and traffic control.
- A ride with four distance options for every level of cyclists
- 20 miles for beginners or those that just want to cruise
- 40 miles for those looking for a weekend challenge
- New 55-mile route for those wanting a challenge and an adventure
- 64-mile metric century route up Wye mountain for the adventurous.
Online registration is open through 11:59 PM on Thursday, September 15.
You can also register during packet pickup at Spokes Giant Little Rock on Friday, September 16, 12-2 PM and 5-7 PM, or at the Rail Yard on Saturday, September 17, 6-7:30 AM.
The 2022 River Classic will depart from the Rail Yard (1212 E 6th Street in Little Rock) Saturday morning at 8am. For those who have participated in previous years, please note that this year will be a mass start event with all distances departing together.
Once again the pitmasters at Count Porkula will be providing post-ride food and drinks in the courtyard, and all participants will receive a free photo from RBS Pics Photography!
All courses are well-marked and we have several aid stations along the route where Young Life leaders and students will be ready to provide assistance.
All participants will receive an event t-shirt and we have also have Young Life cycling jerseys for purchase.
We hope to see on Saturday, September 17!